What’s Next: CAREER PATHS
Are you trying to visualize your future and how to get there?
Baltimore Youth Film Arts can help you think through options and find new opportunities.
BYFA instructors with experience in filmmaking, videography, photography, and education will work with fellows one-on-one to identify educational and career goals, and to develop strategies to achieve them. Instructors are artists, producers, teachers, and business owners. Many have succeeded in more than one career.
In individual meetings, fellows can
· ask about and learn from the career paths of
· explore their own interests in supportive discussions;
· take stock of their skills and natural aptitudes;
· strategize how to acquire new skills to support their ambitions and aspirations;
· learn effective practices for researching opportunities in work and education, including internships, competitions, and
funding for creative projects;
· polish résumés;
· design creative portfolios and demo reels;
· prepare for job and college interviews;
· develop both near-term and long-term plans to achieve their goals.
Guided strategy sessions are open to all fellows. Contact the program for more information.
Photographs Courtesy of Sakinah Bowman, Ceci Freed, Les Gray, Jim Mahjoubian, Dora Malech, Jessica Pettiford, and Renee Ross